- Food companies – it’s cheaper for them to make low fat food that is loaded with sugar as it has a longer used by date and so they don’t have to keep destroying food that has gone off.
- Pharmaceutical companies – well obviously the sicker you get the more money they make, so it’s in their best interest for you to keep eating a high sugar, low fat diet!
- Government – Food and Pharmaceutical companies control the voting public. If they can keep things cheap then the public is happy, and so the public keep voting for that government. If the government promoted high fat food, the price of consumables would go up and so the government would not be very popular!
- Universities – funded by food and pharmaceutical companies, so they will teach you what their money bags are telling them to teach you!
So as you can see, they couldn’t care less about your well being! It’s all about the dollars and votes!
Allow me to pose a question; if high fat food was so bad for us, why is our Obesity epidemic and our Heart Disease epidemic sky rocketing, despite the public eating so much less fat! Wouldn’t the mortality rates have dropped with the drop in fat consumption? Don’t you see the lack in relationship?
The population of today is far more active than they use to be decades ago, as far as going to gyms, hiring PTs, Boot Camps etc, so why aren’t we losing weight? We are told to reduce our fat, which we’ve done, but are still fat! Why?
Because fat isn’t the culprit at all! Sugar is! I’m not going to spend today talking about why sugar is so bad, that’s another article. Today I am going to tell you why fat is so good!
“Oh but fat raises your cholesterol!” No your body manufactures 85% of the cholesterol in your body. Only about 15% of it comes from food. Mother nature did not get it wrong! If your Cholesterol is high, it is because your body has inflammation. That’s when your Cholessterol goes up.So you are betetr off finding what is causing the inflammation than worrying about the Cholesterol. What is bad, are trans-fats found in all processed foods. They raise your Very Low Density Lipoproteins (VLDL) which give you a ‘bad cholesterol reading’. This is what creates plaque in your arteries; trans-fats and sugar, not the other forms of fat.
Oh and one more point, if cholesterol was as bad as the “experts” make out to be, why does breast milk contain fat in over 50% of its calories? Breast milk has the highest level of cholesterol than any other food out there! Breast milk! Babies taken off breast milk and placed on formula that is low in fat and cholesterol have been linked to failure to thrive in children. Hello! Breast milk contains fat, so why are we removing it?!?!?! Did mother nature get it so wrong?! I doubt it!
Here are the top 15 reasons why you should consume fat and encourage Cholesterol in the form of High Density Lipoproteins (HDL) and Low Density Lipoproteins (LDL), and not take medication to reduce it:
- Cholesterol surrounds every single cell in the body, helping it keeps it shape and protect the nucleus, preventing hardening of the cells which would otherwise create tumors.
- Cholesterol is an essential building block for our sex hormones. Reduction of Cholesterol decreases fertility, decreases sperm count and increases risk of illnesses like Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome.
- Cholesterol creates bile that aids in digestion, preventing digestion problems and illnesses such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)!
- Cholesterol helps the Serotonin receptors in the brain function better. Serotonin is our “happy hormone”. Reducing cholesterol leads to depression and anxiety!
- Cholesterol helps synthesize Vitamin D, essential for the absorption of Calcium to prevent brittle bones. Ever noticed our epidemic of Osteoporosis? Kind of happens when you eat low fat and take cholesterol lowering drugs! Your ones turn brittle!
- 2/3 of the brain is made up of fat and cholesterol. Reducing this in the body reduces it in the brain! So leads to things like Alzheimer’s , learning difficulties, loss of motor control, loss of memory, lack of concentration and so many other brain problems.
- Saturate fat contains Palmitic Acid and Stearic Acid which are used by the heart to reduce stress symptoms! When you reduce stress, you reduce your risk of Heart Attack, you also decrease your cortisol hormone and therefore increase your fat burning capacity. You see when the body is stressed, it creates Cortisol and Cortisol prevents you from burning fat!
- Saturate fat produces a substance called lung surfactant which helps the lungs function better. Reduction in lung surfactant increase risk and symptoms of Asthma and other breathing problems. It also reduces fitness levels, so reduces the effectiveness of exercise.
- Fat helps in the creation of white blood cells. Yep, these help build your immune system. Lacking in fact increases your risk of cancer, HIV and Leukemia, to name just a few illnesses!
- Monounsaturated fat (nuts, avocado, olive oil) promote fat burning and prevents it from building up in your abdominal cavity, the most dangerous place of all!
- Food containing Monounsaturated fats are usually high in vitamins A, D, E and K, and the monounsaturated fat and omega 3 help you absorb these vital vitamins more effectively.
- Omega 3 fats improve vision as they contain Vitamin A.
- Omega 3s help fight fatigue and regulate mood swings, reducing signs of Premenstrual Stress!
- Omega 3s help regulate hormones like Insulin and so reduce risk of Diabetes Type 2.
- Fat is the body’s preferred energy source, so consuming fat, promotes fat burning, making the body very efficient in its energy consumption. Depriving your body of fat causes it to store it as back up fuel for emergencies! So eating low fat is actually making you fat!
I could go on, but I think you get the picture by now. Think of all the illnesses and diseases that are so common in today’s day and age, then think of what I have written above. Don’t you think these would reduce in statistics if we just went back to eating fat, like we use to, prior to the politicians, food companies and pharmaceutical companies took control of our health!
So next time your friends criticize you for eating a high fat diet, refer them to this article and tell them to “get educated” and stop reading crap in the local girlie magazines (also funded by food and drug companies! GRRRRR!)
That’s my spat for the day!