Terri’s Gluten Free Chicken Schnitzels
4 Chicken breast fillets
2 whole eggs
1 packet (300g) of Gluten Free Rice Breadcrumbs
a few shakes of All Purpose Spice
a sprinkle of dried Oregano
80-100g of organic butter (I use ‘Harmone’)
- Place eggs in a bowl together with milk, beat lightly.
- Combine breadcrumb, All Purpose Spice, and Oregano in a separate bowl.
- Remove skin off chicken and slice through the middle, making thinner breast slices
- Place Chicken in egg mixture, coating well
- Then place Chicken in the crumb mixture ensuring it is well coated, set aside.
- Repeat for all Chicken Breasts
- Once all Chicken has been egg washed and crumbed, melt butter in a pan, on a low to medium flame
- Place Chicken breasts into butter and pan fry until golden and crispy.
- Serve with any sort of veggies, salad, avocado etc
HINT: Dice the chicken up before egg washing them and turn them into home made chicken nuggets for the kids instead of schnitzels.
TIP: You can bulk store this! Once you have egg washed and crumbed the chicken, you can layer onto freezer paper and freeze flat for future use. That way you simply take it out of the freezer and place in fridge to defrost, when you need it, and then all you have to do is pan fry it.