Terri’s Homemade Tzatziki Dip
1kg Natural Greek Yoghurt
4 Gloves of garlic
2 Lebanese cucumbers
- Pour yoghurt into the center of a clean tea towel, drawing up the edges of the towel.
- Scoop the towel up so that the yoghurt is in a ball shape and tie the tea towel just above the ball of yoghurt.
- Hang the ball off a kitchen tap of place in a sieve over a large bowl so all the yoghurt juice drains out.
- Leave for at least 1 hour.
- Once the yoghurt is ready, crush the garlic cloves
- Peel the cucumbers, and remove the seeds
- Grate the cucumbers finely, then squeeze out the juice
- Combine all ingredients together
- Chill for about an hour before serving
You will need to play around with the amount of juice you extract depending on the texture you want. The runnier the preference the more juice of the yoghurt and cucumber you will need. Also adjust the garlic according to your preference. You might like it hotter, if so add more garlic.
Serve as a sauce of various meats or as a dip
Great for Coeliacs or Gluten Intolerance as is Gluten Free!