Raw Cacao Beans are the seeds of the fruit grown on the cacao Tree. They are sugar free and slightly bitter in taste in their raw form.
They are one of nature’s super-foods for a number of reasons:
- Contain Magnesium, which helps keep cholesterol levels balanced. Magnesium also helps your Cardiovascular system and blood circulation, preventing cramps in your calves. It also aid in the prevention of blood clots due to the decrease in blood coagulation.
- Abundant in anti-oxidants which fight against the aging process and help heal the skin, keeping it elastic and plump, which reduces lines and wrinkles. Anti-oxidants also protect against cell damage, and reduce risk of some cancers.
- Extremely high in Vitamin C so is fantastic for building the immune system
- Contains Phenylethylamine (PEA) which is a natural anti-depressant. So the ‘feel good’ euphoria you gt can prevent emotional eating and aid in weight loss. PEA also increases levels of Serotonin in the brain which also decreases signs of depression and aids in pre-menstrual stress symptoms.
- Contains Theobromine which is a milk stimulant with mild diuretic action. Boosts your energy naturally, and boosts your metabolism
- Increases blood flow and balances blood pressure
- Improves Insulin Resistance which can help in weight loss
- Made up of 50% good fats. Good fats are require for cell membrane formation and to protect the nucleus of all living cells in our bodies. They aid in brain function and serve as the body’s preferred energy source.
But like anything, too much is not good for us. How much is too much? Well, according to a study in Italy, 1 serve of about 20g is more than enough, every 3 days. So eat it moderation.