- 300- 400gms chicken thighs
- 1 can coconut milk
- Red Curry Paste (Coles have one in Asian aisle that did not have sugar and was made with all natural ingredients – brand Valcom)
- 1/2 Red capsicum (cubed)
- 1/2 Green Capsicum (cubed)
- Kaffir Lime leaves (at safeway in Fruit & Veg refridgerated section with herbs)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Coconut oil
- Heat oil in medium saucepan and spoon in 3 table spoons of red curry paste stirring on low heat until paste becomes fragrant. (a minute or 2)
- Add chicken and stir through until chicken has been sealed off – use high heat.
- Add can of coconut milk and stir around ensuring the paste is mixed through. Also drop in 2 lime leaves for flavour infusion – bring this to a gentle boil.Add cubes of capsicum and cook until soft.
- Add more red curry paste to your desired heat level (check first as my first attempt was hot!)
- Drop in a cup of fresh baby basil leaves and then serve.
Serve with Basmati rice optional for those not wanting to lose weight (or the hungry husband) but I ate mine in a bowl with a spoon.