Danielle battled her weight for most of her childhood, and in her teenage & adult years found the pressure to be thin very discouraging. She found it difficult to accept her body and appearance. This lack of confidence and self- acceptance lead to very poor self-esteem and anxiety. Prior to joining Terrific Fitness, Dani could only ever manage her weight through very restrictive dieting and excessive exercising. These methods were unsustainable and triggered other health issues including loss of period, anxiety, emotional binge eating and further diminished her confidence and self-esteem; issues that unfortunately most young women can relate to.
Dani joined Terrific Fitness as a member 4 years ago and has never looked back. Not only has her strength & fitness improved in leaps and bounds, but she’s learned so much about nutrition and the principles of a healthy and happy lifestyle. For Danielle’s personal journey, this was the missing piece of the puzzle, as she often associated weight loss with restriction, dieting and denial.
Upon learning about the crucial role that nutrition plays in good health, Dani applied these principles to her own life. This combined with extensive wellness strategies to improve her mental wellbeing, has seen her lose 10 kilos, become the fittest she’s ever been, shifted her view on life, and most importantly, develop confidence, love and belief in herself.
Dani’s goal is to help people back onto the path of better health through nutrition & wellness coaching. She also loves creating healthy-living cheat sheets and writing about her personal experiences in the hope of motivating, helping and inspiring others to make better choices in the own lives.
“Make the most of all the opportunities that come your way; emails, workshops, book recommendations, trainers’ advice, recipes, newsletter articles, cheat sheets, FB posts… these are all designed to help you become better – it’s not always easy, but you are worth the hard work” – Danielle Fancellu
- Level 1&2 Wellness Coach
- Advanced Certificate Nutrition Counseling
- Bachelor Business Management (Human Resource Management)
- Working with Children Check
- Body Composition Analysis
- Favorite Food: Salmon, Barramundi & Cauliflower Rice
- Favorite Drink: Coffee
- Favorite Song: “Photograph” by Ed Sheeran
- Favorite Movie: Love Actually
- Likes: Traveling, training, long walks on the beach, trying new eateries, good night’s sleep & good company
- Dislikes: Arrogance, narcissists and cold feet
- Hobbies: Reading, walks, going to the football
- Who Inspires You: Lots of people, but most notably my parents, Zio Gino and Trainer Terri
- Life Philosophy: “Never underestimate the power of your mind; it can be your most powerful ally or your toughest enemy – use it wisely.”