Specializes in: Strength Training & Conditioning, Weight Loss, Body Sculpting and Training Teenagers.
Lisa has been involved in sports since primary school trying a range of sports but mostly competing in netball and dancing for just over 20 years. Lisa was always the big girl in her dance team and struggled during high school with her weight. This lead to her having low self-esteem and being diagnosed with health issues such a PCOS and fatty liver.
Lisa knew she had to take control of her weight and began like many young girls trying to lose weight through restrictive dieting and excessive exercising. Although she did have some short-lived success in losing weight this way, it did nothing to help reverse her health issues.
Lisa joined Terrific Fitness at the start of 2013, attending one FITNESS Circuit per week with her husband, Chris. Her fitness and strength levels improved significantly but it wasn’t until she attended one of Terri’s Nutritional Workshops and made changes to the way she ate that saw her lose a huge 6cm from her waist in just 6 weeks. Lisa remained exercising with Terrific Fitness throughout her first pregnancy under the team’s amazing guidance. She recommenced training at Terrific Fitness when her daughter was 3 months old and also began PT sessions with Terri from the start of 2016.
Lisa had always had a keen interest in fitness but it wasn’t until she joined Terrific Fitness and was involved in such an inspiring community that she decided to combine her love of fitness and teaching and enroll to complete her Cert 3 & 4 in fitness.
“Knowledge is power. Learn as much as you can about your own health and fitness. When you own it, it’s so much easier to motivate yourself and achieve your goals. Making sure you have fun along the way too doesn’t hurt “– Lisa McLeish
- Certificate III in Fitness (Australian Fitness Academy) – Gym Instructor
- Currently undertaking Certificate IV in Fitness – Personal Trainer
- Current CPR First Aid Certification
- Bachelor Science/Science Education (Mathematics/Physics)
- Currently registered VIT (Victorian Institute of Teaching) Secondary Teacher
- Favorite Food: Strawberries & watermelon.
- Favorite Drink: Rooibos Tea.
- Favorite Music: Pop/Rock from 90’s & 2000’s.
- Favorite Movie: Finding Nemo.
- Likes: Dancing, summertime, the beach.
- Dislikes: Rudeness, being cold.
- Hobbies: Training, gardening, cooking, relaxing with family & friends.
- Who Inspires You: My family, especially my mum.
Life Philosophy: “Work hard, be kind, believe in yourself & amazing things will happen.”