Specializes in: Strength & Conditioning Training, Weight Loss, Rehab, Mobility & Functional Movement, Martial Arts, Boxing & Self Defence, Body Composition Analysis
Theo has been an active person for most of his life. He was involved in sport and health and fitness until he suffered a fractured leg playing soccer in 1984. Since then he became inactive and gained over 25kg. He was the chubby kid in school and was always teased and bullied throughout high school. In 1991 he had had enough and started to exercise regularly, attending the local gym 5 times a week. Within 2 years he lost over 30 kg and was working towards becoming a weight lifter. This dream was then put on hold in 1997 when he married Terri and started a family. The pressure of family and work life was too much!
In 2013 Theo took a redundancy from his employer and decided to get back into health and fitness. Theo has completed his Cert III in Fitness and is now working on completing his Cert IV. In 2012 Theo decided that he needed obtain skills in self-defense to provide protection for his family against today’s society, so he started training in Freestyle Martial Arts, and in a matter of 12 months graded for his Black Belt.
Having shed over 10kg in the past 12 months, Theo is well on his way to achieving his goal of regaining his fitness and definition. He sees himself as a role model for his family and hopes his kids grow up following in his footsteps. Theo has a mean right hook and when he’s throwing it you’d better stand back!
“Give 100% every time and just when you think you can’t go on, give another 10%. Leave nothing behind, No regrets, No apologies!” – Theo Batsakis
- Certified Master Trainer holding a Certificate III in fitness – Gym Instructor
- Certified Master Trainer holding a Certificate IV in Fitness – Personal Trainer
- Current Senior First Aid Certification
- First Dan Black Belt Free Style Martial Arts
- Level 1 & Advanced Boxing Instructor
- Crank It Connect Training
- Level 1 Wellness Coaching
- Mobility & Functional Movement
- Metabolic Nutrition Expert
- Body Composition Analysis
- Certified Relaxation Massage Therapist
- Favorite Food: Anything with meat
- Favorite Drink: Water
- Favorite Music: Anything by Elvis Presley, 70’s and 80’s
- Favorite Movie: Rocky series
- Likes: Fishing, Boating, Being active in the sun, beach!
- Dislikes: Obnoxious and rude people
- Hobbies: Fishing and cruising in my boat with the family
- Who Inspires You: My wife and kids
- Life Philosophy: I have 2 philosophies I live by and both come from the Rocky movies: The first one is from Rocky 4:
“Going in one more round when you don’t think you can – that’s what makes all the difference in your life”.
The second one and the best one I live by is from Rocky 6 when he’s talking to his son in the street and says to him:
“You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t about how hard ya hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!” and to me, that’s how goals are achieved.