2 tablespoons coconut oil
4 onions, chopped
1 garlic glove crushed
4 carrots, grated
2 zucchinis. grated
1.2 kg beef mince
1kg peeled chopped/diced tomatoes
2 cups beef stock
2 bay leaves
2 cups peas
salt and pepper to taste
Sweet Potatoe Mash
3 kg sweet potatoes
200gms organic butter
1/2 cup milk
1 cup parmesan cheese grated
Directions for Mince:
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- In a large saucepan heat the oil, onion and garlic.
- Add the mice and cook til brown.
- Add the carrot, zucchini, tomatoes, stock, bay leaf and herbs.
- Cover and simmer until liquid has evaporated.
- Add salt and pepper and set aside.
Directions for Mash:
- Boil the potatoes until soft.
- Drain and mash with the butter and milk.
- Once mashed stir through the Parmesan.
- Spoon the meat filling into oven dish and then top with the sweet potato mash.
- Bake for approx 30-40 mins or until the mash is golden brown.
Great for people with Coeliac Disease or Gluten Intolerance as gluten free!